Friday, 15 July 2011

Tuesday 3rd May 2011


Sent an urgent email to my bishop entitled 'SOS'.

This was followed by a phonecall from the bishop who told me that the Diocese really needed my house. Warming to his task he sought to encourage me,

" You know, I have every confidence that you will make it through these difficult times, I really do."

Then having encouraged me he returned to the house,

"Let's make it a clean move , let's get everything in order and really leave everything clean and tidy so that no one can say that you didn't leave with dignity."

I had a feeling that he was moving with me, or perhaps he was going to lend a hand. This was good news!

Then to round everything off before he went into a meeting all about me, he finished by promising me that I would be a frontrunner for a parish job that was coming up.

I was on a high at the end of the phonecall. Everything was going to work out in the end. Here was someone who was on my side. Yippeee!

About an hour later, I came down off my cloud and suddenly realised that I was going to have to move and that I was going to have to find gainful employment until such time as the aforementioned parish became available.

The job could wait. I was earning a month's wages from following up Census returns, what I needed now was somewhere to go. My worldly wealth amounted to about £200 - 300 tops. Not enough to put down a deposit on a budgie cage let alone pay a month's rent. In a moment's anger, I contemplated dumping all my stuff in the road and going to live in a tent.

Righteous indignation is a truly wonderful thing!

I think I am living in interesting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment