Today, I experienced a moment of pure genius.
A former Churchwarden came round for a coffee. I can’t remember what we talked about . All I remember is that as we were talking, a light bulb literally went on inside my head. Whatever we were talking about I brought the conversation to a sudden halt.
“ I’ve just remembered”, I said, “My aunt’s house is empty as she has now moved to a Nursing Home in Cornwall. I’m sure my cousins would be happy for me to live there for a month or two as a caretaker.”
Such excitement as I recognise a real possibility. Why didn’t I think of this before? Doh!
I feel elated.
After 7 years of singularity, I have met someone else who also happens to be moving house at the same time. We meet at a Motorway Service Station where she passes a pile of boxes over to me. We sit on a couch in a coffee outlet my arm round her. Our view, a large window with frosted coffee beans across it, and the panorama of a Dual Carriageway. Magic.
Later that evening, I go round to my cousin’s house as he happens to live just a few miles away. It is a slightly nerve-wracking moment as I lay bare my situation and financial vulnerability. He is entirely understanding , but correctly says that he will have to discuss it with his sisters and most especially my aunt.
“OH YES!!!”
The only trouble is that it is 40 miles away from my family, but I’ll work my way back to them asap. On top of this, I discover that a local Coal Yard has moved over to Storage Services . Everything is beginning to fall into place.
A great end to the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment