Today, the packing begins in earnest, but with a twist. My ex and eldest son arrive to help complete with boxes and tape . Having not had much contact with my ex over the past 7 years part of me does wonder whether her apparent eagerness to help is not in part because she is in a bit of a hurry to move me off the scene?
Her strong organisational skills come to the fore. She works at speed and directs me to do this or that. Previously, I would have resisted such an approach, but I am now glad and indeed happy to be managed in such a way. She clearly loves it, although I am slightly nervous as to what she might find and lay claim to.
The kitchen and utility rooms disappear into boxes in just just an hour or two. It would probably have taken me two or three days if I'd had to pack it myself. We work to lunchtime and then head off for lunch. On the way, I stop at the Coal Yard and 'buy' my storage unit. There's only one left, an old shipping container but it's now mine. My eldest son also comes up trumps with a friend of his who is prepared to lend me a van at no cost save the petrol. I can't believe my luck! Everything seems to be coming together and all within budget.
No comments:
Post a Comment