Saturday, 30 July 2011

Thursday 12th May 2011

A day of packing in which nothing seemed to move.

In the evening , a free drink for all attendees at a local (hand-picked friends who I wanted to say goodbye to). I arrived early and of course no one was there. The clock reached the hour, no one came. I went to the bar to set up a tab thereby creating the impression that I was expecting a flood of people, a moment later, I sat down at a long table tous seul. A newspaper provided a handy diversion. Twenty minutes later, still no other attendees.

Then one arrived, another twenty minutes passed, this was going to be embarrassing. After 8 years, this is what it  had come to.

Five minutes later, people started appearing and soon the table was full with more chairs being pulled up . The conversation got buzzier - a success! A great finale .

A photo taken, later revealed that a particulalry sober member of the congregation was wearing a thong ......

No comments:

Post a Comment